SURGICAL COORDINATOR/OFFICE ASSISTANT
Surgical Coordinator- 75%
- Act as an effective liaison between the patient, surgeon, and the surgical facility in all aspects of pre-operative preparations
- Conducts pre and post-operative counseling of surgical patients, assuring that all vital information is given and understood
- Schedule all surgeries and work closely with the hospitals to ensure all paperwork including H&P and Physician Orders are on time and in order.
- Process payments for all surgical procedures
- Handle insurance referrals and approvals for surgical cases
Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with medical and administrative staff, and external agencies
Office Assistant – 25%
- Create and modify policies and procedures which ensure operational efficiency
- Respond to physician requests fully and promptly; follow through consistently on all projects and assignments
- Identify, analyze, and resolve patient complaints
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Participate in marketing and other patient initiatives
- Knowledge of insurance requirements is a must
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and moderate keyboarding is required.
- Knowledge of EMR systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented with strong ability to multi-task required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- Able to work effectively as a team player
- Ability to maintain confidential information required
Full Time, Monday-Friday 8:30 -5 pm, $20-25/hour based on experiene