NSPS BLOOD DRIVE
June 14, 2016 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
With the help of the Red Cross join us at North Shore Plastic Surgery to donate some much needed blood.
Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects 90,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S. About 1,000 babies are born with the disease each year. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
- The average adult has about 10 pints of blood in his body. Roughly 1 pint is given during a donation.
- Although an estimated 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood at any given time, less than 10% of that eligible population actually do each year.
- Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors.
- Type O negative blood (red cells) can be transfused to patients of all blood types. It is always in great demand and often in short supply.
- Type AB positive plasma can be transfused to patients of all other blood types. AB plasma is also usually in short supply.
Committing to a specific time helps ensure everyone can donate in a timely manner. Please click here with code NSP to sign up for a time most convenient for you.
As a thank you EVERYONE who donates will receive a goody bag with the following items:
* Water Bottle
* Energy Bar
* $50 off coupon, when you spend $300 (NO EXCLUSIONS!)
* Travel sized sunscreen
* Menu of services
Donating SAVES LIVES! Thank you for your help!